Sue Espie gave us a wonderful demo on how to make delightful angels out of roving. Great for gifts or Chrissy tree decorations.
Toss n Tell
- Thanks Jeanette for covering for the library.
- Helpers are needed to assist the tutor at each workshop and expressions of interest should be provided to the Workshop Coordinator, Sue Eslick. In return for being at the workshop, the helper will be expected to assist with setting up tables, organise tea/coffee, write a summary of the techniques taught and take photos.
- The Felting Frenzy is from 30 October to 1 November. We need some volunteers to unlock and lock the hall. Please bring a plate of food to share and come along and felt to your heart’s content.
- The Fremantle Arts Centre Bazaar is on from 4 to 6 Get your felted items together for sale and submit them at the November Toss n Tell to the sub-committee.
- The November Toss n Tell is the last one for the year and will be the Christmas party. Bring a plate and a hand-made gift for Santa surprise (optional).
- Soosie talked about ‘Inspiration’ in relation to next year’s Feltwest exhibition at Gallery Central. Have a look at the articles on the website.
- Artisans open day with Elizabeth Morley and friends at 136 Deeble Rd, Coolup on Sunday 22nd Nov 10-4pm. Entry with a gold coin donation.
- Louise advised that Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah (CASM) rent out gallery at a reasonable cost and have occasional exhibitions worth seeing.
- Sue Eslick mentioned that Barrack Street Jetty Market is having a 6 week trial starting today; stalls include craft stalls.
- Soosie Jobson showed her macro pollen sculpture.
- Sara Quail modelled her magnificent shawl and wrap made during the Fiona Duthie workshop at the recent Fibres West.
- Judy Barkla showed beads made at Nancy’s recent workshop.
- Katrina Virgona modelled her bangle.
- Pat Kendall showed us her colourful pieces made to wear at the Feltmakers Convergence held in Auckland.
- Sue Eslick has completed yet another fabulous bag and explained how she completed the decoration.
- Kerry Bertucci presented her beautiful hummingbird from the Complex 3D workshop.
- Nancy Ballesteros gave us an overview of the very successful Bali Retreat.
- Louise Nidorf showed her encased objects made at Judi Barkla’s workshop. Lovely.
- Marion Wolter showed us her white and grey sculptured 3D piece.
- Jeanette Humphries displayed her white wool and muslin top, decorated with colourful wool threads.
- Alison Gomes modelled her red jacket made at the Fiona Duthie workshop.
- Sue Harrington presented her sculptured tomato.
Looking forward to everyone attending the Christmas party. Its always lots of fun (and good food).
Sue Eslick & Louise Nidorf
Katrina Virgona & Judy Barkla