Thank you for joining one of the Market Teams. Here are the duties and responsibilities for each Team.
Be at Heathcote at 6:30am to setup the stall. There is a designated 15 minute window for us to unload everything from the vehicle, then move the vehicle to the stallholder car park. More details to come.
Team Members: Liz Owens, Soosie Jobson, Sue Eslick, Claire Russell.
- Erect the Gazebo with walls if required and anchor feet.
- Add Feltwest Banner
- Setup table with table cloth
- Setup the scarf and wrap racks
- Setup hat stand
- Unpack and place items for display
- Setp up Square system
- Setup wrapping station
- Hand over
The Sales Team is the first contact point between us and the general public – so it is a very important job! It would be nice if you could wear something felted – a felt name badge would be a great place to start. Wearing some felt gives you a talking point and a way to break the ice with prospective clients. As this is our first market at Heathcote we will need to inform the general public as to who we are, how to follow or join us, and in particular, when we will be back. But people don’t want to be talked at – it is easier to inform a prospective buyer (or member) rather than sell to them. Short simple facts are the key. For example:
- Who or what is Feltwest? – a membership group of feltmakers
- What do we do? – meetings, workshops and events promoting felt.
- What is felt – a handmade process using unspun wool – wet and needle – show them a piece of each – you don’t need too much detail, lovely to wear, tactile, versatile.
- Where to find us – online – feltwest.org.au hand them a business card, location Alexander Park Craft House
- How to follow us – facebook.com/feltwest on the business card
- Where to buy – At the Christmas Market but look out on facebook and the web site for other events.
A sale is the final opportunity to reinforce our message with promotional material. Whilst packaging the item ensure there is a business card and flyer in the bag. Enjoy the day talking to people about the craft we all love – enthusiasm and joy are contagious.
Be at the stall at your designated time and stay for your shift. There is a public carpark below Heathcote on the eastern side. The cost is $2. Allow 5-10 minutes to walk from the carpark. Make sure you bring drinking water and be prepared for changing weather.
Team Members: Fleur Riley, Sue Espie, Cynda Empsall, Marion Finneran, Diny Monaghan, Jo Ganon
- Shifts are 2hrs 15mins to hand over to the next shift.
- Talk to people about felting and how wonderful it is!
- Help people to purchase items – answer any questions, help them try things on, talk about the handmade process, generally be friendly but not pushy
- Wear a name badge –a felt one!
- Package item and take customer to cashier
- Replenish stock on displays as direct by Sales Team leader
Stall Location R4 Yellow
Be at the stall at 3:30pm to pack down the stall
Team Members: All contributors
- Take down and pack your items
- Items need to be ticked off to printed inventory form and placed in members container
- Take down all display items & gazebo
Cashier: Claire Russell 0421 577 026
Sales Team Leader: Liz Owens 0402 357 632
Market Co-ordinator: Soosie Jobson 0433 216 154
|6:30am||9:30||Setup||Liz Owens |
|0402 357 632 |
0433 216 154
0421 577 026
0401 037 973
|9:15am||11:30am||Sales||Fleur Riley |
|0438 000 061 |
0437 410 618
|11:15am||1:30pm||Sales||Cynda Empsall |
|0401 628 934 |
0419 278 352
0422 375 292
|1:15pm||3:30pm||Sales||Sue Espie |
|0402 400 463 0498 031 063|
|3:30pm||5:30pm||Packup||All contributors. Pack and collect your work or arrange with someone else.|