SOLD OUT!!! Circular Scarves with Sara Quail
01/08/2020 @ 9:30 am – 4:30 pm AWST
In this one-day workshop, we will make a light and airy cobweb scarf in a circular format. Different ways of creating a cobweb effect will be explored, using extra fine merino wool roving and other fibres. Emphasis will be on good felting and fulling techniques to create a fine thin felt and creating the loop successfully.
Fabulous for general use, this versatile scarf can be worn in a number of ways. A great travel accessory or gift idea. While economical to make, it is also a one-table project that only requires a 1.5m working surface.
Suitable for beginners or intermediate felt makers. Notes will be supplied.
- Date: Saturday 1 August 2020
- Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
- Venue: Alexander Park Craft House, Clyde Road, Menora (Perth)
- Cost: $65 for the workshop
- Refreshments: Morning and afternoon tea provided. Please BYO lunch.
- A materials list will be sent out to participants upon booking.
- Approximate materials cost is $10 – $15.
- Suitable wool roving, blends and fibres will be available for purchase on the day.
ABOUT SARA QUAIL
After many years involved with a variety of textile techniques, felting has become a more recent obsession. Sara particularly enjoys creating very fine felt and experimenting with a range of 2D & 3D methods. She facilitates workshops and demonstrates for various textile groups as well as contributing to textile related publications and exhibitions.
For all queries, please email the Feltwest Workshop Co-ordinator here:
or phone 0417900972
For details of the Cancellation & Refund Policy click here